Fillings and Emulsions

So Tim and I had a fun little outing yesterday. We drove up to Salt Lake City to go to the Farmer's Market, first of the season and also stopped by the wonderful Fillings and Emulsions, owned by my former pastry instructor, Chef Adalberto Diaz! It's a must try if you live in Utah or are visiting, trust me. They offer many individual pastries, tarts and cakes... sweet and savory.


One of my favorite things that Adalberto makes is the cuban meat pie. It consists of a savory meat filling encased in sugary crusted puff pastry. I first experienced it while in Culinary School, it was one of those things you just couldn't stop eating. It's a beautiful thing.


I also love the pecan sticky bun, the dough is light and airy, bathed in a delicious glaze with chopped pecans. It's definitely decadent, but so worth it!


Macarons are also another specialty of his. They are beautifully made and contain 2 fillings, a fruit filling in the middle and a buttercream or marshmallow cream to contain it. Flavors include: Strawberry Lemonade, Marshmallow Blackberry, Passion Fruit Pineapple, Florentine Dulce de Leche, Pistachio Black Cherry and Chocolate Raspberry. He's one of the only people to make macarons with a double filling, it shows that he cares about his product and will take the time to make sure it's done right.


When I was at his shop I also couldn't help but buy some yummy individual desserts for dinner tonight! I went with a lemon curd marshmallow tart and of course tiramisu. Look at those beautiful layers on the tiramisu, I'm going to enjoy it for sure!


And last, but definitely not least for the large assortment of treats this bakery supplies, the gorgeous bread! I picked up a french baguette and wheat sourdough. Chef Adalberto makes the best bread. He uses deck ovens that I think are necessary for getting that amazing crust.


Fillings and Emulsions
25 East Kensington Avenue
Salt Lake City, Utah 
84115

Open:
Tuesday: 7am to 2pm
Wednesday: 8am to 6pm
Thursday-Saturday: 8am to 7pm


Ashley 

Comments

Popular Posts