Pistachio-Crusted Chicken with Red Pepper Coulis

I have some fantastic news. I got engaged over the weekend, October 20th. My loving fiance surprised me with some of my favorite english pastries, scones, sausage rolls and beef and mango pasty, along with tea in bed and a gorgeous ring on my finger while I was asleep. It was simple and everything I could have hoped for. He's a sweetheart.


Now onto the delicious part, I made this a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I have a surplus of goat cheese and just made a fresh batch of pesto from the basil in my garden.

Pistachio Crusted Chicken with Red Pepper Coulis
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home

 
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 
1 red pepper, roasted
3/4 cups pistachios
3/4 cup breadcrumbs {panko}
1 cup buttermilk
4 chicken breast
1/2 cup goat cheese
2-3 tablespoons basil or arugula pesto
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a pan over medium heat, saute the onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth and  heat thoroughly. Add mixture to the food processor along with the roasted red pepper and process until blended.
  • Process pistachios in a food processor until ground and transfer to a shallow bowl; add breadcrumbs.
  • Place buttermilk in another bowl.
  • Flatten the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place on a work surface and top with the goat cheese and pesto. Gently roll each piece of chicken and cut in half. Dip in buttermilk, then coat with the pistachio-breadcrumb mixture.
  • Place in a greased baking dish and drizzle with butter. Season with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes.




Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts