Roasted Chicken Picatta with Veggies

So it's been a busy couple of weeks at work and just in general. I woke up this morning from a very busy night on the garde manger line and went to the gym. The gym has been a place I've frequented lately and I've really been enjoying it. I came home to cook this! I had leftover roasted chicken {leg quarters} that I cooked on Monday. I diced the meat up and it instantly became something new entirely. I also made compound butter that I brushed on this chicken. Compound butter is always a delicious choice. This one consisted of herbs from my garden: basil, parsley and thyme, a little lemon juice and garlic.



Roasted Chicken Picatta with Veggies

pasta, cooked
roasted chicken, cut into small pieces
asparagus, roasted
cherry tomatoes, halved
parmesan cheese, grated
picatta sauce {recipe below}


  • In a bowl add the pasta and top with the desired amount of the remaining ingredients.

Picatta Sauce:

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons capers, chopped
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped


  • In a pan over medium-high heat, add the butter and let melt. Add the flour and mix together until it becomes a light brown color.
  • Add the chicken broth, wine and lemon juice. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
  • Reduce the heat to low and add the capers and heavy cream. Whisk and wait a few minutes until the sauce to thicken;  remove from the heat and add the parsley.
 


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts