Steak Fajitas

Hello again! It's been quite a while since my last post but that doesn't mean I haven't been cooking! I'm currently doing my internship at the Tree Room in Sundance {a ski resort} and absolutely love it. When I'm not cooking there I'm either at school, doing homework, playing WoW {my guilty pleasure} or cooking at home. Lately I've been cooking a lot of meals that I've made before so it's been hard to make those newer posts. But I got the idea to make fajitas because we had leftover kobe flank steak at work... so good.



Steak Fajitas 

1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, julienned
2 cloves garlic, chopped


  • In a pan over high heat, add olive oil and cook the onions until they start to brown. Add the red pepper and continue cooking until they soften. Add the garlic and remove from the heat until the garlic is fully cooked.
  • Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside.

8 oz flank steak
salt
homemade taco seasoning
cascabel pepper flakes


  • Season the flank steak with salt, homemade taco seasoning and cascabel pepper flakes.
  • To the same pan that the vegetable mixture was cooked in add a little olive oil and the flank steak. Make sure that the pan is at a medium-high temperature. Cook the steaks for about 4-5 minutes on each side {or to your specific doneness}. Add the butter at the end of the cooking process.
  • Once finished, remove from the pan and let rest before slicing.

Condiments:

flour toritillas
cabbage
pico de gallo
sour cream 
cheese


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts