Wasabi-Glazed Salmon BLT with Sriracha-Dill Mayonnaise

I've been super busy with my summer classes... thank goodness they'll be over on June 22nd, plus I'll be closer to finishing my degree! I decided that I needed to make something new so that I could make a post, so I picked something quick and easy. This recipe is based off of a Martha Stewart recipe that I was interested in trying. I changed it a bit in terms of what goes on the sandwich though, she uses watercress, which I love but we didn't have any available, so I kept it more of a traditional BLT. I also added sriracha to the mayonnaise because I thought it would give it a nice kick and compliment the wasabi glaze on the salmon.

I still need to make the "spanglish sandwich" it's basically a BLT with an egg and cheese... maybe soon!


Wasabi-Glazed Salmon BLT with Sriracha-Dill Mayonnaise
Recipe Adapted from Martha Stewart

4 salmon fillets, deboned and skin on
1 tablespoon wasabi paste
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a small bowl, mix together the wasabi paste, maple syrup, and sesame oil until well combined. If mixture seems too thick for a glaze, add a little more sesame oil to thin.
  • Place salmon on a baking sheet and brush tops with the glaze, reserving about a tablespoon. Cook for 5 minutes.
  • Remove salmon from the oven and brush with remaining glaze. Set broiler to high and broil until salmon is medium-rare, about 5 minutes.

Sriracha-Dill Mayonnaise:

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sriracha
1 teaspoon dill {fresh of dried}

  • In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sriracha and dill until well combined.
 
6-12 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
sriracha-dill mayonnaise {recipe above}
wasabi-glazed salmon {recipe above}
6-12 slices bacon, cooked
tomato, sliced
leaf lettuce

  • Spread the sriracha-dill mayonnaise on pieces of sourdough bread. Top with the salmon, 2 pieces of bacon, tomato and lettuce.
 


Ashley

Comments

  1. Hi Ashley! My name is Jessica and I have a food and garden blog as well, I am just getting started though, I am going to be a senior in college so I don't have a lot of money. I was just wondering how you got the pinterest gadget on your blog? Thanks for the help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! So, all you need to do is go to your blogs layout and there should be an image of how it's presented. There are options to "add a gadget". Click on it and under the basics you will find HTML/Java Script. Click it and you can input the code for “follow button” for websites from http://pinterest.com/about/goodies/

      I hope this helps and good luck with your blog!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I got it to work, Your blog is awesome!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts