Pumpkin Gingerbread Biscotti


Biscotti is one of those cookies that I've become very fond of. I wouldn't say I love to bake cookies all the time but I really enjoy biscotti. The flavors in this biscotti just makes me think of the holidays, which is why I made them! I'm hoping they will still be around so that I can take them to Timmy's parents house over the weekend. We are going to be spending Christmas at their house {I have Saturday-Monday off}. They would be so good dipped in coffee or tea!

Pumpkin Gingerbread Biscotti
Recipe adapted from The Comfort of Cooking

1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger {freshly grated}
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, for sprinkling

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
  • In a mixing bowl using the whisk attachment, beat the egg, sugar and baking powder until the mixture turns a pale yellow and falls back in ribbons on itself when you lift out the whisk.
  • Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt and vanilla. Continue mixibg, aerating the mixture.
  • Sift the flour and fold it in with a spatula.
  • Shape the dough into a flat log about 3x8 inches using wet fingertips. Sprinkle the top and sides evenly with turbinado sugar.
  • Bake for 40 minute. Remove from the oven, turn the oven down to 300 degrees. Slice into 1/2″ slices, place them back on the baking sheet and bake another 30 minutes, flipping them half-way through.
  • Let cool completely on a wire rack.


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts