Cranberry Almond Biscotti {no recipe}

So in class today we learned how to make meringues... as well as how to turn them into buttercreams. My partner and I got lucky and used passion fruit concentrate and liquor to flavor ours. It was by far the best tasting buttercream out of them all. Others included: lemon, raspberry, chocolate, mocha, hazelnut, vanilla and maple. It made me want to actually start baking more, especially cakes and cupcakes. The only problem with that is the lack of people around me to eat them. Lol.


I got home and was kind of wanting to make biscotti since soon it will be getting colder outside. Biscotti is great with a cup of tea or coffee {both of which we drink often}! I used a recipe out of my baking class textbook that we made in class and it worked out great. I just ended up replacing some of the components and added in a few that weren't originally there. That is one thing I'm loving about baking though, you can easily switch ingredients if you know how they work. I also grated some fresh orange zest and put a few drops of juice in there too... while subtle, it still adds a nice depth to the biscotti.

For dinner I made an old favorite: veggie paninis!


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts